Thursday, February 5, 2009

No oil for you.

Yesterday I was looking and reading the story's of the day on the Internet, and behold I saw a story, one that is no big shock. You may remember sometime ago the land for lease here in Utah for oil companies to drill down near the southern part of our state. President Bush signed an executive order stating it was ok to sell these leases so we could start drilling for badly needed oil; well today the Obama administration said uummmm no we don't want you to drill for oil that we need so we donʼt depend on other nations. Ok I added that last part, but that does not change that fact that we need to drill drill drill, off the coast, here in Utah and everywhere else there is oil. We have found so much oil here in Utah and South Dakota it is unreal. I am all for alternative energy sources donʼt get me wrong, but the fact is what we are trying now is not the answer. Bio, solar and wind do you know how many solar or windmills it would take to produce what we use in oil? It would be a lot. Bio fuels cost more produce then it would to use the oil, hint we use more resources to get the bio then just use regular old oil; not to mention that we are burning our food, can anyone tell me how that is good? The truth is oil is cheap (Right now) and is easy to get, we use oil for so many things it would blow your mind. Do you really believe Obama when he said he is going to get us off oil in 10 years? I donʼt, and I donʼt care how aggressive he is about it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been enjoying reading your posts, after reading I go and search for stories that are connected and after reading this one I came a across this story on foxnews http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,489476,00.html

Drew said...

That story is such a load of rhetoric, and the sad thing is people like Joseph will read that and believe every word. Just like Hannity, Fox news is an unreliable source (as most media sources are), and I can always tell the kind of people who listen to it, the same ones who think creationism should be taught in schools and science should be done away with. While we are at it, lets also just drill away all the federal land so eventually no one has any places in the wilderness to visit, or camp. I don't mind drilling here in America, but couldn't Bush have at least let the public know he was selling off land to oil companies to destroy and let the public voice opinion about? In stead of doing it in a secret manner like he did everything else? I know it's not our land but we still should have a chance to voice opinion before he just went out and starting selling it. I know all of you Republicans, just hate Obama for no good reason, but at least so far he has shown us what is going on with the stimulus money and every penny of it can be tracked on a web site, Bush would have never done that in a million years! Sorry that was kind of a rant, straying off from the oil thing. PS, who do you think raised oil prices, thats right the oil companies, and drilling here is not going to lower prices that much or save us from 8 dollar gas.