Friday, August 15, 2008

Gas Prices

If you're like me, the high price of gas is on your mind constantly. I found this little graphic. Now obviously, I don't believe that just because the Democrats are in control of Congress, gas prices will automatically go up. We can see they were on the way up since Bush took office. But, I definitely blame these high prices on the allegience of the Dems to the fanatical environmentalists. I say fanatical, because everyone realizes how important the environment is to our health. It's the fanatics that will shut down highway construction because of a snail, or fight against even wind power because a few birds might die.

The fact of the matter is, our economy runs on oil. As much as I'd love to see alternative forms of energy being used in our country, it's going to take time. Obama somehow thinks that waving his magic wand is going to get us off oil, which is laughable at best. We need to get as much oil as we can from our own backyard while we figure out different forms of energy. With the situation in Iraq improving every day, this issue is turning out to be a lifesaver for the Republicans because they are 100% correct to want to bring our oil to market. Even if we as Americans don't see a drop of this oil it will benefit us greatly. The world oil markets will see that the supply of oil is increasing, thus bringing prices down. Also, we are currently importing $700 billion dollars of oil every year. Anything we can do to export some of our oil will lessen our trade deficits, and make the dollar more powerful. You want change? Hope? Yeah, don't vote for Obama, because he is part of the problem.

No comments: